Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Beetroot Ravioli & Zucchini Carpaccio

Beetroot Ravioli with Cashew Cream pg. 193
Zucchini Carpaccio pg. 215
As Valentine's Day fast approaches I spent part of today helping my 4 yr. old get his Star Wars Valentine's ready for his class party tomorrow. (He only has school every other day.)  Love is in the air!  Can you feel it? I totally did today when both Kris Carr and Chef Chad Sarno Tweeted me! So cool!

In honor of the day of "love" I have a couple more options for your Valentine's dinner.  I personally don't really like to go out to dinner on Valentine's Day. The service usually sucks as places are overcrowded.  So to stay in and make a yummy dinner for those you love is where it's at in my house.  Great food and good wine make me a happy girl.

The Beetroot Ravioli would be an amazing main dish to serve.  They are absolutely delish.  My family thought they were awesome.  My teen son could not stop eating them.  That is always so rewarding to see the kids eating new and healthy foods that they love. It wasn't hard to make these either.  Yeah! The hardest part for me was trying to slice the beets paper thin. 
I don't have any kitchen tools to get the beets thin enough, so I had to do my best with a knife.  I actually tried various knives as I tried to perfect the thinness.  The ravioli filling was a Cashew Cream Cheese which is scrumptious.  I have made this before, and here is a link if you want to check it out. http://crazysexykitchenproject.blogspot.com/2012/12/mediterranean-wrap-with-cashew-cream.html  I had no idea you can eat beets without cooking them.  The greens on the plate are asparagus that are peeled really thin as well. Again, all I can say is yum. This meal is totally raw!  The ravioli were so addicting, and the color just screams Valentine's Day.  Here is what you will need when you decide to make them.

I also made Zucchini Carpaccio to serve with the ravioli.
 It was a light yet flavorful dish.  The toasted pine nuts were a great compliment to the zucchini. 
Besides everything tasting so darn good, you walk away from this meal feeling totally stuffed, and not the least bit guilty.  You just gave yourself a Valentine's gift.  A healthy, flavorful and beautiful meal. Happy Valentine's Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment