Thursday, February 14, 2013

Spiced Apple Crumble

Spiced Apple Crumble pg. 263
Spiced Apple Cobbler
I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day! I felt like a very lucky girl the entire day.  My kids were in the best moods today which is always awesome.  They bought my husband and I cards on their own which was very thoughtful and responsible I might add.  I had chocolates waiting for me when I got out of bed from the kids too.  My husband spoiled me with flowers and gifts, but more importantly he made me feel incredibly important and sexy:)  He arranged flowers for me himself. He bought one of those styrofoam things to stick flowers in so they stay put in the vase. So pretty!
Besides getting my family Valentine's,  I also showed them the love by making them a Spiced Apple Cobbler. I kept holding off with this recipe because the fruit of choice was peaches.  For some reason I thought peaches would be coming in season by March, but my son informed me that they aren't in season until summer! Oops!  I plan to be done cooking my way through CSK in the next month so some improvising needed to be done.  Plan B, the cookbook says you can make it with apples, pears, plums and nectarines.  So I think I was within guidelines with the recipe.
It is like apple pie without the crust and high sugar.  OK wait, I think that gives it the wrong impression.  This cobbler isn't missing anything.  It is absolutely delish. The blended apricots provide a ton of sweetness.  The recipe still calls for 1/2 cup of maple sugar, so those of us with a sweet tooth will feel very satisfied. My family all sat around the table tonight totally loving our dessert.
A simple recipe that will make your entire family feel very loved!

2 comments:

  1. That was really yummy! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. who knew this would be so great! can't wait until the peaches come in season...

    ReplyDelete