Monday, December 17, 2012

Mediterranean Wrap with Cashew Cream Cheese

Mediterranean Warp with Cashew Cream Cheese pg. 131 & 237
Mediterranean Wrap
It is safe to say that I am positively exhausted! Christmas is a week a way, and it is kicking my ass.  I am feeling slightly burnt out in every aspect of my day.  I am just putting one foot in front of the other in hopes that a good nights sleep gives me the energy to complete my to do lists tomorrow...

On a more positive note, I got a cool reply to my last tweet from Chef Chad Sarno last night.  It gave me a burst of energy before I totally collapsed of exhaustion.  He said that the Chickpea Crepe was one of his favorite recipes in Crazy Sexy Kitchen.  I tell ya, it is the rosemary in the crepe batter.  It pretty much makes you want to lick the bowl.  It is so fricken awesome to get a tweet,  retweet or reply on a tweet from Chef Sarno or Kris Carr.  It always feels like a virtual high five.  It never gets old or boring.  It is always a thrill! Imagine Julie Powell from Julie/Julia having gotten a tweet from Julia Childs.  She would have been so excited.  That is how I feel!

Today I made a really delicious lunch.  It was simple to make and very fulfilling.  You start by making a Cashew Cream Cheese.  The recipe makes enough cream cheese for many wraps.  The only thing you need to remember for the recipe is to soak the cashews the night before you want to prepare the cream cheese.  That way you will get a really creamy sauce.  Here is what you will need for your cream cheese and wrap.

Cashew Cream Cheese

The sun dried tomatoes and capers are so fantastic in the wrap.  Now that I have made the cream cheese, I will be able to enjoy this for lunch all week.  I heated my tortilla on the burner for a few seconds to soften it before I prepared my wrap.  You will think twice about making a boring sandwich once you make this Mediterranean Wrap. 
Quick and easy for those busy days ahead. 




No comments:

Post a Comment