Saturday, December 15, 2012

Snacks & A Holiday Movie

Rockin Rosemary Popcorn pg. 245
Edamame with Wasabi Pea Powder, Flaked Salt & Sesame pg. 247
Rockin Rosemary Popcorn
My daughter and I recently saw the stage play of A Christmas Carol.  She was reading the classic story in school. Now that she had seen the traditional version of the story,  I thought she needed to see Scrooged with Bill Murray.  A more modern twisted version of A Christmas Carol.  It is riddled with all kinds of inappropriateness, but I love it all the same.  With lines like this how can you not laugh:

Frank Cross: Grace, put yourself down for a towel, too.
Grace: What about my bonus?
Frank Cross: Towel and a facecloth.
or
[Frank is confronted by the ghost of his old boss]
Frank Cross: No, you are a hallucination brought on by alcohol... Russian vodka poisoned by Chernobyl! 

So wrong but somehow funny when Bill Murray says it! 

I decided I would make some snacks for us to eat while we enjoyed a movie together as a family.  With all that has happened in the world recently it seems all the more precious to have an evening with my family.

I made Rockin  Rosemary Popcorn.  I have to be honest, my family are all creatures of habit.  Although we liked the Rosemary Popcorn we didn't love it.  Even so, the cayenne pepper was an excellent addition.  Popcorn with butter if you are not vegan or Earth Balance if you are with a little salt is where the party happens  in our house!  If you make Rockin Rosemary popcorn be warned of one tiny problem.  When you pour the olive oil and rosemary on the popcorn it is hard to mix it all around.  The oil immediately absorbed into the few pieces it was poured on.  I had to put the popcorn in a big baggie to try and spread it all over the rest of the popcorn. It was still hard to completely mix it.  Here is what you will need for Rosemary Popcorn.

I also made Edamame with Wasabi.  It was good.  It had a pretty heavy sesame flavor.  My kids really like edamame, they didn't finish this bowl of Edamame.  So I think again we are creatures of habit.  They like their edamame with plain old sea salt.  I think this recipe would be perfect as an appetizer for a get together.  It would be good if you were just having a few verse the whole bowl.  A little goes a long way.  Here is what you will need to add a little sesame to your edamame.
Edamame with Wasabi
I am going to hug my family a little tighter tonight and be thankful for our time together with our snacks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment