Saturday, December 8, 2012

Chopped Salad & Fresh Berries and Cream

Chopped Salad pg. 169
Berries and Cream pg. 257

I hope you are having a great weekend.  It is so amazingly gorgeous where I live in California.  The weather is warm.  We actually thought about taking a dip in the pool.  Don't hate me if you are stuck in a blizzard somewhere. I am sure there are things you could say to me that you have way better than me.  Like maybe you had a cozy fire in your fireplace and sipped some "For The Love of Nog", or had a snowball fight with your kids.  Anyway,  it hardly feels like December, or that Christmas is a little over 2 weeks away.  The good news I am almost done shopping for the holiday. Yea me!

I have a delicious lunch to share with you so you can fill your belly, and finish your Christmas and Hanukka shopping too!  Here is what you will need.
Chopped Salad
I tell you it is such a simple salad yet it packs a powerful hearty punch.  It's perfect if you are not in the mood to do a bunch of prep.  Other than washing the romaine, and toasting your seeds you are pretty much ready to dig in.  I have come to like the flax oil as well.  The first time I tried it I wasn't sure about it, but now I think it is quite good.

For dessert you can treat yourself to some berries and cream.  Again, easy peasy to put together and really satisfying.  Here is what you will need to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Berries and Cream
Another reader gave me the suggestion to freeze the extra cream.  You can use it in smoothies.  Put the cream in ice cube trays and freeze.  Then when you want to add a little something sweet to a smoothie you have it!  You know me, I always seem to add something sweet to my smoothies.  I know, I am working on my issues!  Don't judge me.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend! 


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog and even more, that you are doing with kids. I sub'd you on google reader so I don't miss a post. I have CSK book, also! Could you post your strategies for meal planning and organizing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for following the blog! Glad you are enjoying it. I will do my best to talk about meal planning and organizing soon. That is a great idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete