Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Pineapple Rose Sorbet

Pineapple Rose Sorbet pg. 270
Pineapple Rose Sorbet
The Christmas decorations are put away.  Any trace of Christmas is back in the garage until next December.  Although, my son did have me read The Night Before Christmas tonight before bed.    Christmas might be over but the gifts keep coming, I got two very cool Twitter messages from Kris Carr and Chef Sarno today.  It is truly amazing how social media makes communicating with the creators of Crazy Sexy Kitchen possible.  I love that they take the time out of their busy lives to offer words of encouragement.  Truthfully, I need those words sometimes.  It keeps me going and excited to make every single recipe in CSK.  I am just a big kid at heart who loves to be told good job!

I made something so simple yet so yummy today, Pineapple Rose Sorbet.  It takes very few ingredients.
I only put 3 drops of the rose essential oil in, yet those 3 drops made all the difference in this sorbet.  I would have never considered putting essential oils in my food, but it gave it such an incredibly unique and delicious taste.  I kidnapped my friends ice cream maker a couple of weeks ago and have yet to return it!  If you don't have an ice cream maker or a very generous friend just line a square container with plastic wrap. Then, pour the sorbet mixture and freeze (according to CSK).  I have found even the sorbet I made in the ice cream maker got too hard to scoop when I took it back out of the freezer.  If you leave it out for a few minutes it scoops great.  CSK suggests putting the sorbet block through a twin gear juicer or pulse in a food processor to achieve a sorbet texture.  If you go that route let me know how it turns out.  Eventually, I will need to return my friend's ice cream maker!

It was a guilt free treat, and a great way to start the New Year.  Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment