Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Farmer's Salad # 100

Farmer's Salad pg. 173
Basic Aioli pg. 242
Dijon Vinaigrette pg. 243

I have finally reached 100 recipes!  Yes!  100 is a frickin lot of recipes.  Have you ever made 100 things out of one cookbook?  Me either, until now! I started cooking from Crazy Sexy Kitchen at the end of October.  No doubt I had no idea what I was committing myself to when I decided to cook my way through this book.  It has been a little more challenging than I anticipated.  This is kind of like a cooking boot camp.  I never really considered myself a good cook before this whole vegan Julie/Julia experiment.  I am not sure if I think I am that great now.  I can tell you when I make a meal, and don't have to photograph it or write in the blog it feels so easy!  I am quicker with chopping and prepping.  The only kitchen tool that still hurts me every time I use it is the damn zester.  I have a permanent scar on my thumb. I know icky!  It will be my CSK tattoo.

Recipe 98 is the basic Aioli.  It is super easy to make.  Granted I did have to use the zester, and yes I did get a minor injury.  It was totally worth it because this is a great simple recipe.
Basic Aioli
 Recipe 99 is a Dijon Vinaigrette.  I always wanted to be able to whip up delicious homemade salad dressings.  Store bought dressings are so gross.  The dressing was yummy, and again took minutes to make. I will be eating salads for the rest of the week using it.

Dijon Vinaigrette
Recipe 100 is the Farmer's Salad.  I loved the potatoes and aioli together, especially when the potatoes were warm.  I could have eaten them alone.   I didn't care for the capers in the salad.   I love capers too.  I just didn't love them in the salad.  So next time no capers for me.  Try it for yourself and tell me what you think.  Again this recipe was given a chefy "2" label, but I think that must be because you have to make aioli and salad dressing.  This recipe was a cinch, so don't be afraid. 
.
Farmer's Salad
Now I am on to my last 50 CSK recipes.  I have to be honest there are a couple recipes I am totally dreading.  I am pretty sure they will not be my thing, but I could end up being pleasantly surprised.  This experience has been a lot of hard work, but it has also been pretty fun too.  Thank you to each one of you who stop by my blog and check it out each day! I just want to say you are really awesome!




7 comments:

  1. Oh so cool you made this! I've LOVE the aoili! Oh my - use it to make the artichoke dip in the book - it tastes like spinach & artichoke dip! SUPER GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree it is very good! I made the artichoke one awhile back, you can check it out if you like: http://crazysexykitchenproject.blogspot.com/2012/11/cashew-aioli-artichoke-aioli.html
    Served it on Thanksgiving. It was a hit for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on reaching 100! Definitely something to be proud of.
    I thought I was just using the zester wrong, I usually come out with injuries, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been making the Dijon Vinaigrette too and love it. No more bottled dressings for me! Just found your blog and you have inspired me to make more recipes fro CSK. Good job on cooking your way through the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been making the Dijon Vinaigrette too and love it. No more bottled dressings for me. Just found your blog and I am so inspired to make more recipes from CSK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is pretty awesome stuff! Thanks for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete