Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Roasted Brussel Sprouts & Cabbage Hemp Salad

Recipe 29 & 30
Roasted Brussel Sprouts pg. 208
Cabbage Hemp Salad pg. 155

I just want to say how amazing the universe can be sometimes.  Yesterday when I woke up it was like the universe was picking on me.  As if I was being bullied by the cosmic stars.  Kick the girl when she was down.  My dad had passed away 6 years ago, and it was the anniversary of his passing.  Maybe I was just feeling a little sensitive, but I still think it was one of those days.

Today karma was on my side and it was awesome.  I did a selfless good deed for a friend. (I can't say what because it was selfless, and if I said it would take away the good.)  Literally, right after I did my good deed I got a Facebook shout out from Kris Carr!  Then I went to pick up some Chipotle a few minutes later for dinner, and and they gave me my meal for free because I am a "good customer"! (Yes, I may have a slight addiction to Chipotle) Granted both of these things may seem small, but they came in the course of maybe 20 minutes, and it felt really good.  

I thought today I would share a couple other dishes I prepared on Thanksgiving.  I made Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Pistachios and Cipollini Onions.  I have actually never made or eaten brussel sprouts.  It made it a little difficult to know when they were cooked, or if they were better than average.  My family thought they were very good which made me feel proud of myself!  I don't think I am a huge fan of brussel sprouts.  They were good. I would eat them again, but I would make many other veggies before I made brussel sprouts again.  I think it is an acquired taste.  I know my brother-in-law loves them.  Me, I like them kinda sorta.   Here is what you will need for some Roasted Brussel Sprouts.  It would be a good Christmas Dinner side if brussel sprouts are your thing. 

Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Next I made Cabbage Hemp Salad.  I didn't expect to like this salad so much, but it was really tasty.  My teen ate it up which shocked me.  I think I was afraid the cabbage would taste too over powering, but it didn't.  Not at all.  Besides tasting really delicious, it lasted for multiple nights with the dressing already tossed.  Once lettuce salads are tossed with dressing they are toast.  They would be wilted the next day, but not this cabbage salad.  It was just as good the next day.  Here is how to add a little cabbage to your life.
Cabbage Hemp Salad
Have you joined Crazy Sexy Followers on the right side of this page yet?  I am giving a Crazy Sexy Kitchen cookbook away Dec. 1st.  Don't miss out!

No comments:

Post a Comment