Thursday, November 22, 2012

Going Nuts!

Recipes 21, 22, & 23
Sea Salt & Pepper Almonds pg. 253
Curried Cashews pg. 251
Fiery Pistachios pg. 253

Happy Thanksgiving!  Can you believe the holiday season has officially began? Where did the year go?  As this time of year can make anyone go a little nuts, I thought why not make an appetizer dish filled with a variety of spiced nuts.  Each recipe was quick and easy to prepare.

The recipe asks that you soak your nuts in order for them to soften.  This whole process is a bit confusing to me.  I feel that after I have softened my nuts, I struggle to get them crispy again.  I had this same issue with the pecans. OK, this conversation is sounding very strange.  I think I will need to knock on Chef Chad Sarno's Facebook door for answers here. Can you imagine that Facebook post?  Chef Sarno, why do you soak your nuts?  Maybe if I had a dehydrator I could get them the right  texture easier.  I found that I needed to bake them longer than the recipe calls for.

The end product was delicious.  I know these are going to go fast when my guests arrive.  I added some rosemary to my almonds.  I had tried some almonds from Trader Joe's Grocery with rosemary added and they were so good.   My favorite of the 3 was the Fiery Pistachios.  They were addicting!  Here is what you will need to go a little nuts:
Salt & Pepper Almonds
Curried Cashews
Fiery Pistachios


I just want to say how thankful I am to those of you who have decided to take this Crazy Sexy Kitchen Vegan Julie/Julia  journey with me.  It has been a fun couple of weeks, and I really appreciate those of you who take the time to visit my blog and Facebook pages.  I love reading your comments!  This project wouldn't be the same without you cheering me on.  I hope you have a  VERY Happy Thanksgiving!
My daughter's creation!
Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQfSZsZgsX0

No comments:

Post a Comment