Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Fresh Citrus Olives

Recipe 14 Fresh Citrus Olives pg. 248
Fresh Citrus Olives
A staple growing up on our Thanksgiving table was a tray of olives.  We had black olives and green olives.  I took pleasure putting them on the tips of my fingers and then eating them one by one.  To this day I always have a bowl of olives to serve on Thanksgiving.

This recipe is pretty awesome.  It is such an easy way to make a bowl full of olives fancy!  I bought just a cheap can of organic green olives.  I figured if I could doll up these babies then this recipe was golden.  I put all the ingredients in a mason jar, gave it a good shake and stuck it in the refrigerator for the night.  The next day I caught my husband dipping into them.  I may or may not have yelled at him to stop eating them.  I still needed to take pictures for you, and I am not admitting anything!  When marinated they were so delicious.  Here is what you will need for this easy and yummy recipe:
Here is what it will look like when you put them in the refrigerator:



The thing about this recipe is it just keeps getting better the longer they sit.  We have been snacking on them every time we open the refrigerator.  This could be a nice treat to bring someone on Thanksgiving, or impress your guests by leaving a bowl full to snack on at your house when hosting a gathering.  I am telling you their won't be any left when the night is over.  You can always put one on each finger and see how that goes over.   I dare you!



No comments:

Post a Comment