Friday, November 16, 2012

Immune Me

Recipe 16 Immune Me pg.83
Immune Me
I am traveling this weekend.  Not because of Thanksgiving, but because my hubby and I are celebrating 18 years of marriage!  Yes, we got married when we were kids.  No, not really but we were pretty young by today's standards.  I would pretty much freak if my son said he was getting married at 23! Truthfully, Andrew my husband  had business out of town, and we thought it was a great way to combine business and pleasure. Ya baby!  So I will give you a hint where we are hanging out...
View from our room!
 Can you guess?  Let me just say it is a bit colder than California.  Yes, we are in Chicago.
I love this city.  It is really beautiful.  Not as busy as Manhattan which I love, but still full of great shopping.  I hoped it might snow while we were here, but that doesn't seem like it is going to happen. Although it is cold enough.  Burrrrr!

Since we were traveling I thought it would be a great idea to make Immune Me juice.  According to Crazy Sexy Kitchen this juice is jammed packed with antiviral and antifungal properties.  It seemed like the perfect thing to drink before we got on an airplane.  Here are the ingredients for this juice:
Also, I wanted to talk about a comment I got on the blog. The other day I received a comment asking why I didn't have the recipes on the blog?  I thought it was a really great question, and wanted to let everyone know that all of these recipes are from the Crazy Sexy Kitchen cookbook. I am just cooking my way through the cookbook.  I am showing you what the recipes will look like.  Providing tips I may have picked up along the way, and letting you know what I think about each recipe.  All along hoping to become the most awesome vegan cook ever!! ;) Also, let me remind you if you sign up to follow this blog you could win a CSK cookbook.  Whooohooo! I am going to randomly draw a winner December 1st!  So sign your cute self up!

Immune Me juice is smooth.  It goes down super easy.  The cucumber makes it ultra sweet.  Plus all that alkaline goodness is so amazing for your body.  Not sure why I photographed it in a margarita glass other than it looked fun.  I drink a lot of green juice.  Some tasting pretty funky.  This one is a great way to get your toes wet to green juice. Don't be afraid try it.  You will like this one.

Have a great weekend!





2 comments:

  1. Green drink sounds pretty good! Panoramic photo of the Chicago skyline looks pretty nice as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete